How would you feel if your air conditioner was not working to it's full potential, costing you more money than necessary or worse... could be making you sick?
When air conditioning units are used on a regular basis or not cleaned regularly; dust, dirt, grime, dead skin cells, food particles, pollen & pet dander accumulate inside your machine. This provides food for mould, bacteria & fungi to grow & multiply. That combined with the moist conditions associated with air conditioning, provides these organisms with the perfect breeding ground to reproduce & spread.
Furthermore when your air conditioner is at rest, it's interior components warm up & any residual moisture & condensation, provide a damp, humid environment for mould, bacteria & fungi to thrive.
Whenever there is mould in your air conditioner, every time it is turned on, it is releasing harmful mould spores & bacteria into the air that you & your family breathe; into your lungs, furniture & clothing.
If left untreated various health problems can arise & can include:
Cleaning your air conditioner filters regularly, assists in the cleanliness of your air conditioner; but unfortunately this will not remove the harmful & toxic organisms that could be lurking inside your air conditioner. They live in the areas that you cannot reach without specialised equipment & knowledge.
If your air conditioner is mouldy (you might be able to see black or grey spots/marks on the inside surfaces when you look inside the machine); has a bad or musty smell or a funny odour coming from it when it is in use; or hasn't been cleaned in 12 months, your machine is in need of a professional air con clean.